The Hand and Heart

Welcome to the Hand and Heart

The Hand & Heart is a traditional English pub steeped in history with a sandstone cave at the back and Victorian front still largely in their original condition. Upstairs is the Garden Room conservatory with a real wood fire and sheltered smoking terrace.

 

The Hand & Heart started its commercial life in 1866 as a brewery. The building was originally comprised of a Georgian House with stables to the back and a cave below. The beers were brewed in the converted stables and dropped through, for storage, into the cave. Soon after, when the Victorian shop front was added, it started to retail beer as a public house. Later, in the early 60’s, the roof terrace was replaced by a glass conservatory. Whilst it has seen many changes the building has retained its character and atmosphere.

 

After trading for many years, it closed in 2004 and was re-opened in June 2008 by the current owner. With the addition of a tiled floor in the 1970’s and wooden cladding to some of the walls, the cave has remained mostly unchanged.

 

As a free house, The Hand & Heart is famous for its fantastic selection of real ales scooping Nottingham CAMRA Pub of the Year 2012 and Runner Up 2013 amongst other CAMRA awards.

 

It also offers a good range of real cider, whiskey and fine wines and serves well reviewed traditional home cooked English food and is renowned for its Sunday lunches.

 

Jazz, Balkan, world and folk music can be seen live every Thursday evening at 8.30pm and Pete the Feet, the legendary Nottingham piano player performs every Sunday from 1pm.

 

PLEASE NOTE WE NO LONGER ALLOW CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14. THANK YOU.

 

Click here to view our full contact details and opening hours